Friday, January 06, 2012

Adobe Forums: How to install Adobe Reader X without installing any McAfee products?

You have to go to http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ to get your Adobe Reader to make your new HP printer work WITHOUT   McAffee scanner. Why does my purchase of a printer - mine, not end when I go home?. I took it home and set it up. I need to scan documents for a job. The first scan says I need Adobe reader to run the GUI (graphical user interface) - which is huge, bloated and slow. Fine. I'll install Adobe. Adobe wants to install McAffee ( the VERY WORST "antivirus" out there ) and the " no thanks button"  only shows in Internet Explorer. Give me a break HP - does the corporate incest get any worse? It has caused birth defects in your products. Please just give me the program to run my printer I gave you money for and don't pimp other stuff (adobe, mcaffee) that you own or make deals with.

Adobe Forums: How to install Adobe Reader X without installing any McAfee products?:

'via Blog this'